Active Learning and ICT-enhanced teaching: M-learning and gamification

Challenges of M-Learning

Challenges of M-Learning

by Tatsiana Lisouskaya -
Number of replies: 4

Active learning and mobile learning in the face of the pandemic and the increasing proportion of distance learning is gaining in importance. And we understand that distance and mobile learning is a reality, necessary conditions for a modern education system. However, in these conditions, new challenges and difficulties arise. In my opinion, one of the challenges is the problem of reducing the level of interaction between student and teacher. This problem is exacerbated when using mobile distance learning. In the perception of a student, instead of the direction of interaction "teacher - student", the direction of interaction "ICT - student" is often formed. Therefore, in my opinion, with the active use of mobile learning, especially in a distance format, special attention should be paid to building the interaction between teacher and student.

In reply to Tatsiana Lisouskaya

Re: Challenges of M-Learning

by Maryia Tsukanava -

One of my favorite tools to improve distance teaching skills and to rethink sometimes all the way of T&L process is padagogy wheel https://designingoutcomes.com/assets/PadWheelV5/PW_ENG_V5.0_Android_PRINT.pdf

From the one hand it helps to find an app for each or that purpose of our classes, from the other hand it helps to improve our training process, so that students will be encouraged not only to remember something from our course so they could pass the exam, but they will be able to create something, to become themselves a source of knowledge and the source of information

In reply to Tatsiana Lisouskaya

Re: Challenges of M-Learning

by Andrei Prarouski -
I agree. But mobile technologies have a very big advantage - the availability of mobile devices for everyone (students and applicants). You can level the disadvantages with a hybrid form of conducting the educational process.
In reply to Andrei Prarouski

Re: Re: Challenges of M-Learning

by Nadezhda Nadeina -
Distance learning in a pandemic has certain problems, but mobile learning provides a wide range of opportunities and prospects for improving the educational systems of higher education