Active Learning and ICT-enhanced teaching: M-learning and gamification

Free internet technologies to engage students in the T&L process

Free internet technologies to engage students in the T&L process

by Nikoloz Abzianidze -
Number of replies: 5

How to design online class activities and how to make the best use of the available internet technologies, especially of mobile devices to activate students learning. 

In reply to Nikoloz Abzianidze

Re: Free internet technologies to engage students in the T&L process

by Zurab Gogilashvili -
I have successfully use padlet and free video uploading service
In reply to Zurab Gogilashvili

Re: Re: Free internet technologies to engage students in the T&L process

by Nikoloz Abzianidze -
Thank You Zurab, I think we will continue our training to improve skills of online teaching

by Olga Malashenkova -
I often start a class with a Mentimeter survey. It helps get students' attention as they use their mobile phones to answer the survey. In addition, the interactive survey promotes active engagement of students and prepares the basis for discussion of difficult topics. The free Mentimeter version is enough for me for now.

by Egor Pozharitski -
I often use triventy for online quizes at the beginning of the class. Students answer the questions about previous lecture. The fist 3 students get a little bonus at the exam. As it is like a competition it motivates them to at least open my presentation and refresh some knowledge.
In reply to Egor Pozharitski

Re: Re: Free internet technologies to engage students in the T&L process

by Egor Pozharitski -
Also sometimes I use online boards (even simple and not so suitable for this as diagrams.net connected with google drive). It helps me to show the audience some features online and get some feedback from them. Also I do it if I need too show something and don't have a possibiliti to use a flipchart.