Video as a Learning Tool for Teachers and Students//Video Lecturing and Promoting Interaction in the Classroom

Video Lecturing/ Traditional Lecturing

Video Lecturing/ Traditional Lecturing

by Halina Pusiankova -
Number of replies: 5

Dear Colleagues!

Share your experience on the following:

In general what is more effective for teaching and learning:

traditional lecture or video lecture?

Why?

In reply to Halina Pusiankova

Re: Video Lecturing/ Traditional Lecturing

by Alesia Kuzminava -
It depends on the situation. Usually it is good to conduct lecture in classroom because you definitely know if your students are active at the moment. But sometimes during distance learning you can use interactive elements and soft. Such as Kahoot and similar and students like it very much. I think that the best way is blended strategy: some of topics should be online.
In reply to Alesia Kuzminava

Re: Re: Video Lecturing/ Traditional Lecturing

by Halina Pusiankova -
Alesia, thank you for your ideas!
I agree that much depends on the conditions
In reply to Halina Pusiankova

Re: Video Lecturing/ Traditional Lecturing

by Natalia Mantsurova -
In my opinion, traditional lectures are more fascinating for the students, allow to establish contact and to interact with the audience.The teacher can demonstrate his skills, respond to the students' reactions, change from different types of assignments, keep attention and engagement. It is difficult to replace lively communication and discussion. Nevertheless, the demand of our time to use innovative technologies of teaching and learning. Students want more interactive sessions. Thanks to the internet, everyone can find and study the materials themselves, so the role of lecturer has changed. I think, the best way to gain knowledge is to learn on their own and to participate in face-to-face teaching. So blended teaching is the most appropriate strategy.
Of course, video lectures cannot be underestimated. Recording a video lecture requires a lot of time and special skills, but it gives a certain result. Video lectures improve knowledge. You can watch it back at any moment. Using video depends on the discipline. I think that more effective to create instructional videos, it keeps a lot of time. It is very effective to create videos of conducting experiments or laboratory exercises, for example. I support any modern technology that improves learning outcomes.
In reply to Natalia Mantsurova

Re: Re: Video Lecturing/ Traditional Lecturing

by Halina Pusiankova -
Natalia, thank you for your ideas!
Anyway, we are to be in the trend of all the innovations in order to integrate reasonable elements in the educational process.