Orientation to Online Learning
Welcome to Moodle!
- introduces you to Moodle and its navigation, and provides access to Moodle Student Resources.
- provides an overview of the qualities and characteristics of a successful online learner, and offers helpful tips and strategies to help you reach your highest learning potential in the online environment.
- features a review of academic writing, a critical component of your college career, including a focus on plagiarism and how to avoid it.
- describes communication and collaboration tools, including discussion forums and messages, and details conventions of online communication that will help you be successful in your coursework.
- details assessment tools — assignments, quizzes, exams, projects, surveys, and more — used to facilitate meaningful learning activities, and provides tips for test-taking.
As you proceed through this material, you will have the chance to practice making a discussion forum post, submit a, and take a quiz to . You must participate in all three of these activities in order to successfully complete this orientation and access the other materials and resources in this course.
A note about navigation
Click on the arrows at top or bottom to move between pages or use the table of contents at right to jump to a particular topic. To return to the course main page, click on course name in the navigation panel on the left or in the "breadcrumb trail" at the top of each page.